As a part of the overall feature and functionality updates to the Ascend Platform, we’ve released a number of improvements and features.
-Revamp the interactive Query Service architecture to make it faster and more reliable; please contact your Ascend rep if interested in the scaling features here JDBC-backed Read Connectors (Postgres, MySQL, Vertica, etc) support pulling data with an “updated at” / incremental replication strategy.
– Early access for “SparkSQL” transformations in Ascend. Please contact your Ascend account rep for more information or to join the early access program.
- – Detect failed pending Spark workers more quickly, reducing recovery time from 15 minutes to a few minutes
– Significantly improved pod-packing and infrastructure scale-down to improve cost efficiency
– UI: Keep the right panel in sync with the left panel and no longer create the Query editor or the Govern charts in a modal
- – 50% speed gain for queries run in the UI with large result sets
– Improve API/SDK error messages when a transform is missing an upstream input, including cases when accidentally a duplicate input id is used