With Demands on Data Teams Surging and the Need for Data Automation Skyrocketing, Snowflake Users Now Have Exclusive Developer Tier Access to the Ascend Data Automation Cloud
MENLO PARK, Calif. – June 14, 2022 – Ascend.io, the leading Data Automation platform, today announced the launch of Ascend.io’s Developer Tier for Snowflake, the Data Cloud company, customers. Ascend.io’s Developer Tier will enable engineers to seamlessly ingest, transform, and orchestrate their data on the Snowflake Data Cloud at no cost and with no obligation. Analytics and data engineers can now increase their productivity by 10x over current solutions by eliminating the complexity of multiple toolsets and leveraging Ascend.io’s patented DataAwareTM technology. New Ascend Data Automation Cloud users can sign up for the Developer Tier starting today at http://www.ascend.io/snowflake.
“Snowflake’s mission is to enable every organization to be data-driven, and Ascend’s new Developer Tier can help further this mission,” said Tarik Dwiek, Head of Technology Alliances at Snowflake. “Data automation has proven to drive extreme velocity and productivity, and having Ascend.io as a partner bringing such a comprehensive solution to the Snowflake ecosystem presents a massively beneficial and unique capability for our customers.”
Data automation is quickly moving to the top of the modern data stack. Recent research found that while only 3.5% of teams currently use data automation technologies, that number will spike to 88.5% over the next 12 months. With Ascend.io’s free Developer Tier, analytics and data engineers can build critical data pipelines far faster than existing approaches, dramatically reducing both the complexity of multiple toolsets and the time spent monitoring and running workloads.
Ascend.io’s Developer Tier unifies data engineering capabilities, including:
- Data Ingestion: Ingest any data from anywhere with configuration-based connectors to the most common sources and a native python-based framework to create custom connectors in minutes to your home-grown systems or specialty APIs.
- Data Transformation: Develop your pipelines leveraging all the capabilities of Snowflake SQL and Snowpark for Python (currently in preview). In addition, build in a live, interactive UI or through the Ascend SDK.
- Data Delivery: Reverse ETL any data set to any outside destination, including popular databases, blob stores, and warehouses – whether on-premises or cross-cloud – all while ensuring every destination is guaranteed in sync with the Snowflake source table.
- Data Orchestration: Automatically orchestrate data across your entire set of data pipelines with Ascend.io’s DataAware technology, guaranteeing your data integrity no matter what issues arise during run-time, checkpointing at every transform to enable point of failure restarts, and automatically updating your data from point of change forward when introducing changes in business logic.
- Data Observability: Rely on always-on monitoring of any changes to data, schema, and code to limit the need for human intervention.
“With data teams scrambling to keep up with the rising influx of data workloads, automation is increasingly the solution they’re turning to,” said Sean Knapp, founder and CEO of Ascend.io. “Launching our free Developer Tier for Snowflake is part of our long-term commitment to the Snowflake ecosystem, and to ensure that whether you’re a multinational corporation or an individual developer, every data professional can benefit from the most advanced automation in the industry.”
To learn more about the Ascend.io Developer Tier visit www.ascend.io/snowflake or visit Ascend.io at booth #2032 at the Snowflake Summit, June 13-16, 2022, in Las Vegas, NV.